Friday, January 8, 2010

Low Key Week

‘Twas a mellow week in light of the Christmas and New Year’s gluttony. Two visits to mention:

1. Starbelly (Castro)
Ventured way out of my comfort zone to visit this little spot at Market & 15th. The interior, ambiance, and menu is very Mission-y – which I guess makes sense since it’s only a few blocks away. Didn’t love this place, but didn’t hate it either. I just feel like there are 100 other similar places in the Mission that I’ve been to before. Prices are totally reasonable (especially when you are on a post-holiday no-booze kick) and a good neighborhood spot. The chicken pate (fatty, spreadable meat – mmmmm!!) served with warm, thick bread is what I will remember.

2. Zebulon (FiDi/SOMA)
Now that I’m back to working in SF, the parentals have resumed their weekly Friday lunch date with me (hooray!!). Today we visited Zebulon, a hidden spot on Natoma Street. I know it from their great Happy Hour specials and bar bites. To my surprise, this is an order-at-the-counter place at lunch. The chicken/bleu cheese/bacon sando made me forget I had to – gasp – get my own flatware in back. The sweet potato fries and aioli are nice going down, too. If you work near the Bus terminal, I would highly recommend this as a quick-but-quality lunch option.

No comments:

Post a Comment