Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Another one bites the dust

My fingers suddenly took on a mind of their own as they typed "create a blog" in the Google search bar, clicked "proceed to next step" and finally, "Create my Blog!" Three and a half minutes later, here I am, joining the millions of other self-absorbed, over-exposed Internet bloggers.

But my purpose is different, and quite frankly, superior than all those other blogs. I'm here to educate, entertain, and hopefully enable others to make better San Francisco food decisions. What better way to start than with a Top 5 List? Here comes Top 5 San Francisco spots (the King of all lists):

1. Fog City Diner. It is difficult for me to verbalize my feelings for FCD. I can hear the cries now: "It's a tourist trap on the Embarcadero!!!" On the Embarcadero, yes. Tourist trap, WRONG. Take one step inside and you're engulfed in the warmth of a classic diner feel, authentic SF wait-staff, and incredible bites. I could write a novel about the biscuits and gravy, the kobe burger, or the fritatta - but I'd be wasting your time. It's the fries. It was always the fries. The double-fried fries. Fried once, the dipped in corn starch and fried again to crispy perfection (yes, I asked).

2. Little Star Pizza: Get one deep dish and one thin crust and you're good to go. Which one is better? Eff if I know! They're both insane. Eat in or eat out.

3. Liverpool Lil's: Great first date spot and delicious bar food to boot. Lighting is low, which is ideal for pimple-inclined ladies like myself who just want to chow on a good burger and down a cold a beer.

4. Dino's: In and out under ten bucks. If you do take-out (which is often the case as I live a block away and interior lighting is not helping my dating life) Dino himself will serve up some free wine while you wait. You can hear me now: "Nahh...take your time with that!! I like my pizza really well done!!!!" Don't miss the chicken parm sando either.

5. Aqua. This is precariously perched in my Five but I will keep it here because it provided me with the single most memorable dinner I've ever had in SF. A return visit (lunch, full disclosure) was decidedly less impressive. Food was very good but not $75-per-person-good (RECESSION???). Halibut was dry - and I don't eat fish just for the halibut... (sorry, had to work that joke in somehow).

And there you have it. Clearly, I don't discriminate on price or swank-level (please reference #4 and #5) and am open to try anything - esp if someone else is buyin!

Cheers,
Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment